The Fundraising Challenges
Ultimate challenges do not come cheap so we need to cover our costs of putting on the Since 1664 Yomp, covering:
- The cost of running the event, including venue and Portaloo hire costs
- Admin, before and during the almost 48 hours of the actual event running
- Risk Assessments, Medical Cover, Event Insurance,
- Scran (food/snacks/beverage) breaks, including 4 main meals plus soup at the finish, hot and cold drinks and snacks throughout and any marshalling or transport costs
These costs are met by two elements:
- A Registration Fee, paid by the participant, the size being determined by the challenge choosen – the higher the target, the smaller the personal contribution
- The remaining Entry Fee, paid for by the selected charity, if and only if, the yomper raises at least 75% of their chosen target 8 weeks prior to the event.
We will invite a number of charities and any charity can apply or be referred, to become a partner. Clearly in the context of the event some charities are more appropriate than others, so the organisers will consider all applications in light of that context, but if the one you want to raise money for isnlt listed, put them in touch with us and we’ll see what we can do,
So what are you waiting for – look through the challenges below, pick one and start fundraising!